1. This is a fan site and has no official connection to Hüsker Dü,
Grant Hart, Bob Mould, Greg Norton, their management, or their record labels.
2. Unless explicitly attributed to someone else, all opinions, conjecture, unsupported assertions, and snarky comments are mine.
3. Visitors are free to use any of the material here, including images, subject to the following restrictions:
5. Any copyright owners who feel that my use of their material violates fair-use guidelines should contact me and I will either remove the material or make mutually-acceptable edits.
6. This is a strictly non-commercial site. I pay for it out of my own pocket and accept neither advertising nor donations. It's possible that ads may eventually appear on the search results page if the folks at Google decide that I fail to meet their standards as a non-profit organization.
7. I try to answer all correspondence, but sometimes fall behind. Once that happens, I am likely to forget to reply, so keep after me.
8. Sorry, but I don't trade bootleg recordings. Most of the live stuff listed here has been widely circulated and uploaded to bit torrent sites anyway.
9. If you are willing and able to provide intelligible English translations of any of the non-English-language magazine articles reproduced on this site, please get in touch; perhaps we can work something out.
10. Yes, I am aware that the annotated discography intro page is an anachronistic eyesore. I intend to clean it up eventually (and I am also aware that I first made this promise many years ago). Both appearance and content are in need of revision.
11. I apologize for the growing collection of dead offsite links. External links break at a rate faster than I can keep up with websites expire or are restructured, music clubs go under and take their web pages with them, image-hosting services quietly disappear. In an effort to minimize this problem, I try to host as much material directly on this site as possible.
12. The explosion of crowd-sourced databases in recent years, discogs.com and setlist.fm in particular, has partially eclipsed some of the features on this site, but crowd-sourcing is an inherently sloppy process. The listings on discogs.com, while undeniably exhaustive, are also bloated with redundancies. And I don't fully trust the info on setlists.fm, which is prone to errors, unless I am familiar with the author or editor. That said, these sites are still valuable resources.
13. I also currently own the huskerdu.info domain. Its URL just redirects to thirdav.com, but I am using it for site-related email now because thirdav.com email has become inundated with spam, and the hosting service's spam filters are utterly useless. The huskerdu.info mail service is hosted elsewhere, and the spammers haven't gotten wind of it yet. I will be watching with keen interest, and hope I won't have to come back here to revise the previous sentence.
14. For the record, current contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
15. This site should work fine with most modern browsers, but I haven't tested all of them. In the site's early days I took a lot of liberties when writing HTML code, often resorting to bad-practice shortcuts. I will probably never get around to cleaning up any of that.
16. When I retired from my day job in 2011, I expected to have loads of free time to catch up on site updates. Many of the images of discography items are woefully inadequate (or absent altogether), some marginal items have yet to be documented in the discography at all, and I have a large storage bin full of magazines with Hüsker-related articles that have never been scanned or uploaded in any form. Alas, there seem to be just as many demands on my time post-retirement time as there were when I was working, and I have managed only to fall even farther behind.
17. This page was last updated on 14 Jun 2022.